A highly successful virtual assistant will need to use time management to strategically plan their business day to stay on task with their clients. Success is a learned skill, which requires continual lessons about organizational skills, time management, and project management.
Here are some tips to successful time management success:
- Take a time management class to better ways to organize, prioritize and schedule your day.
- Daily, set aside a specific periods of time to complete specific tasks, like your social media sites.
- Record your thoughts conversations and activities for a week.
- Before a phone call decide what the results you want at that time or can it be rescheduled for another time. I seem to have a lot of unwanted sales calls during the day.
- Use online calendars to organize your work day.
- Schedule time for interruptions and take much needed time for meals.
- Remember to have a “Do Not Disturb” door sign for your family members, so you won’t be disturbed.
Thank you for reading this blog about time management tips for virtual assistants. Remember that a your virtual assistant career is built one task at a time. Want to know more about time management, please subscribe to my blog at https://www.youraceassistant.com/contact.html. Please share this article and you can follow me at @CoraOnlyVA .
time management strategies, virtual assistant, virtual assistance social media, entrepreneur, schedule, plan your time, cora marburger, appointment, calendars
Strategic Time Management
Success is a learnable skill.
A highly successful small business owner and an entrepreneur will need to use time management to strategically plan their business day to stay on task. The trick is to follow through on those daily priorities. Success is a skill, which requires continual learning about topics like organizational skills, time management, and project management.
A Virtual Assistant (VA) can offer relief with administrative support. He or she is a highly-skilled, independent professional who remotely provides administrative, technical and/or creative business support services
Here are some tips to strategic time management success:
- Arrive early at work, if your commute, before your team arrives to work without interruption.
- Get organized and plan the work day; task your Virtual Assistant for assistance.
- Prioritize your tasks for the day, and possibly the week.
- Check your email for unexpected tasks for urgency, then task your Virtual Assistant to complete the task.
- Clear up unfinished tasks from the previous day.
- Plan your upcoming projects.
- Start writing your reports with your clear thoughts before the reminders flood your head.
- Daily, set aside a specific periods of time to complete specific tasks.
- Phone calls to your customers, prospects, or to return call.
- Task your Virtual Assistant to check email message and reply for you, when needed.
- Your Virtual Assistant can set up meeting reminders on your calendar.
- Create new blogs and post them regularly.
- Use of an online calendars, like OneNote and/or Evernote, and possibly a personal day planner, like Franklin Covey, to organize your work day.
- OneNote simplifies note taking, organizing your notes, and sharing them. Capture text, images, video, and audio notes and search your notes fast. See OneNote at www.onenote.com.
- My Group Calendar – Explore how OneNote simplifies note taking, organizing your notes, and sharing them. Capture text, images, video, and audio notes and search your notes fast. Go to http://www.mygroupcalendar.com/
- Evernote helps you remember and act upon ideas, projects and experiences across all the computers, phones and tablets you use. See Evernote at evernote.com.
- Franklin Covey is one of my favorite day planners. They now have PlanPlusOnlne which can assist your entire team to higher productivity levels. A free trial is available.
- Working an hour after your team has gone home, to work without interruption.
- Clear up problems that occurred that day or schedule them for the next day.
- Catch up on your correspondence that was waiting in your inbox.
Thank you for reading this blog about strategic time management success. Remember that a great career is built one task at a time. Want to know more about time management, please subscribe to my blog at http://www.youraceassistant.com/contact.html. Please share this article and you can follow me at @CoraOnlyVA on Twitter | texasva2003 or Facebook | #CoraOnlyVA
I would really like your feedback on this blog. Please contact me at email@example.com
Cora Belle Marburger, Social Media Virtual Assistant